Genesis Foundation is a Non Governmental Organisation which facilitates the medical treatment for critically ill under-privileged children suffering with Congenital Heart Defects. The support required in the said critical illness varies from specific surgeries (including neonatal), Cath Lab Interventions along with recovery and recuperation post-surgery.
So far, they have supported the medical treatment of over 4000+ critically ill children. The children supported by the Foundation belong to families with an income of less than or equal to $244 per month, whose parents are unable to afford treatment for their children.
Genesis Foundation is registered under Section 12-A and 80-G of the Income Tax Act, which entitles 50% tax exemption. The Foundation is also registered under FCRA allowing it to receive foreign funds. 100% of donations from individual donors are used towards the treatment of children with no allocation towards administrative costs.
Undoubtedly, Genesis Foundation Charitable Trust is one among the most prominent and popular NGO’s for children suffering from Congenital Heart Diseases in India.
Genesis Foundation Charitable Trust has given the true meaning for what it takes to selflessly help the ones in need. In the FY 2022-23 they gave life a chance to nearly 600 lesser privileged children suffering from a Congenital Heart Defect across the country. The Foundation has over the years had many fundraisers, such as Kasauli Rhythm and Blues, Delhi Rhythm and Blues, CEO’s sing for GF kids and even CEO cook for Kids. Through these innovative fundraisers, they believe music is a participatory force – that brings together – in this case for a good cause, in the name of children, the future of the country. Genesis Foundation continues to raise funds through individual donors and corporate social responsibility to ensure they can carry out Project Save Little Hearts which partners with hospitals and ensures lesser privileged children whose families do not earn more than Rs 20,000 ($244) get financial support for the prescribed treatment.
In association with Give India, they accept donations from the United States. All donations by US taxpayers to Give India are tax deductible under US 501(c)(3). Give Foundation will send you a tax receipt within 24 hours and all donations through this route are tax-exempt in the US.
Another important point to note is that, for all public charities, the deduction is capped at 50% of your adjusted gross income, this is with regards to all the contributions made in a year. To any other organizations, the deduction is capped to 30% of adjusted gross income for a year. For a fact, In the USA alone, around $484.85 billion towards charity was recorded in the year 2021.
If you were wondering how Genesis Foundation Charitable Trust is any different from other NGOs, then read on –
- Genesis Foundation India is a strongly connected charity in India and in the USA as well.
- Genesis Foundation India follows a unique way of raising funds apart from following the traditional route. They conduct events and fun campaigns that involve citizens who are genuinely in for the cause and are ready to help.
- 100% of all individual donations are completely utilised towards the treatment of children with no allocation towards administrative costs.
- Genesis Foundation Charitable Trust is registered under FCRA allowing them to receive foreign funds under the GIVE India donations.
- They have also received a Silver Award under the 8th annual India Health and Wellness Summit 2022 for being the “NGO providing financial support to the needy patients”.
- Also, being registered under section 12-A and 80-G of the Income Tax Act, all the donations are 50% tax exempted for its donors.
Well, the list can go on for all the noble work that Genesis Foundation has been doing all these years and that makes it the most accountable and dependable NGO in the country.